Thursday, June 3, 2010

Are you born with great skin?

Some of us are born with great skin - it's in our genes - while the rest of us have to work at having flawless skin.

In recent years, I've received numerous compliments on how healthy and glowing my skin appears and how I have great skin tone.

Believe it or not, I didn't always have great skin. I started getting serious acne in middle school. I remember in the 7th grade, I was on the yellow cheese bus on my way to school and a boy (someone who hardly said anything to me) approached me out of the blue and said, "You know, people used to call me pizza face. What I did was wipe my face every night with alcohol and it cleared up my face. You should try it." I almost died. I was so embarassed. I knew my skin was bad but geez, I didn't need someone to tell me!

I wish I could show you a picture but I packed those horrible pictures of my acne days too far down the boxes in the basement.

I continued to have bad acne until about the age of 17. Until that point, I tried everything - alcohol (yes, I gave it a try! I had nothing to lose!), Biore, Noxema, Clearasil - you name it, I tried it. I even drank adequate water and avoided chocolate and soda. It didn't work. I actually found that when I had a little chocolate and soda, it helped keep the acne away.

So what happened at age 17? My older sister tool me with her to get a facial. I can't remember the woman's last name, but her first name is Gladys. She was in NY somewhere - I can't remember exactly where. She was promoting her own skin care line with a cleanser that had glycolic acid - a fruit acid. Using the recommended beauty regime, it kept the acne under control.

So how's my skin now? Almost perfect! Prior to finding Fluhme, I used skincare products specific for my skin type. During the summer, my skin is very oily but in the winter I tend to get very dry, especially around the nose area. It was cumbersome to constantly change products. Most of the time I didn't. I would wait until I ran out of what I was currently using.

I am ecstatic that Fluhme's products are all year round and for all skin types. The cleanser also doubles up as a makeup remover so that eliminates me purchasing a separate item. I'm all about having multiple uses for a single product!

SO here's my skin now:



No comments:

Post a Comment